Friday, May 22, 2009

When honesty calls

This happened last weekend, when I was flying to Austin, TX. My flight was scheduled for 6 in the morning, and I had a late night before. I was woken up by the cab driver who had come to pick me up for (my temporally unreachable by public transport) a drop at the airport. I packed my stuff and got ready in about a couple of minutes and dashed. At the airport, when the security check was going on, the usual question was asked - "Do you have any liquids, sharp objects or food items in the bag?" Quite to my surprise, my reply was probably the most unexpectedly honest (to the point of being inappropriate) - "I don't know." The security personnel and I shared a very odd look for a moment, and then he said, "I guess there aren't any". And he let me through. Reverse psychology?

4 comments:

Hari Vishnu said...

'I dont know' ! ? Lol dude.. perhaps its the truth that set u free..

Haha I'm imagining that sight.. Sleepy dazed confused Nai saying the truth to the customs.. and the guy actually buying it :)

Balajee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Balajee said...

Well its even more hilarious at the US embassy in India where they ask you, "Are you presently, or have ever been, associated with a terrorist organization?" and when you laugh out a "No", they look at you grimly and ask again, "Are you sure?"

Or was it just me that they did this to?

Mahesh Mahadevan said...

LOL, Balajee! I was recently trying out this. And I was asked (first thing in the chat!) : "Are you a troll?"